Cancer cells can be defeated by our body but requires some degree of immunity to do so. Recent research has revealed a compound called TIC10, which triggers a protein, this protein called TRAIL (tumour-necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand) suppresses tumor development and prevents it form spreading. These 10 foods will help fight cancer cell build up.
1. Turmeric: Rich in curcumin, which is a very powerful antioxidant. It works well as an antioxidant and even suppresses inflammation.
2. Sea Vegetables: Nore, Hijaiki, Wakame, Arame and Kombu are several sea vegetables that are rich in magnesium, calcium and iodine. It's anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds can be effective in lowering colon cancer risk.
3. Resveratrol: It is a phenolic compound that contributes to the antioxidant property of grapes. It is an antimutagen that inhibits cyclooxygenase-2 (CoX-2) which has shown to reduce cancerous growth.
4. Chorella and Spirulina: South Korean research indicated that carotenoids from chorella are effective in preventing cancer. Spirulina , is rich in Vitamin B, E and K and has significant immunity boosting properties.
5. Green Tea: It contains epigallocatechin-3-O-gallate (EGCG), a catechin that blocks tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF).
6. Cruciferous Vegetables: Arugula, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale and turnips are rich in Vitamin C, E, K and folate. These can prevent DNA damage and induce cell death in carcinogens.
7. Tomatoes: Is a rich source of carotenoids, particularly lycopene. Raw tomato juice consumed for a month has proven to reduce 30% of TNF production.
8. Mushrooms: Contains compounds such as schizophyllan, active hexose correlated compound (AHCC), maitake D-fraction and Coriolus versicolor that together prevent any mutagen or radiation induced activity.
9. Garlic: Contains allicin, which is a powerful antioxidant. Fresh garlic is the best bet as other processed variants like the oil and powder contain fractured amounts of allicin.
10. Hemp Oil: Promotes melatonin supply and full body healing. It is also a rich source of omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 acids.