Cancer cells can be defeated by our body but requires some degree of immunity to do so. Recent research has revealed a compound called TIC10, which triggers a protein, this protein called TRAIL (tumour-necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand) suppresses tumor development and prevents it form spreading. These 10 foods will help fight cancer cell build up.
1. Turmeric: Rich in curcumin, which is a very powerful antioxidant. It works well as an antioxidant and even suppresses inflammation.
2. Sea Vegetables: Nore, Hijaiki, Wakame, Arame and Kombu are several sea vegetables that are rich in magnesium, calcium and iodine. It's anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds can be effective in lowering colon cancer risk.
3. Resveratrol: It is a phenolic compound that contributes to the antioxidant property of grapes. It is an antimutagen that inhibits cyclooxygenase-2 (CoX-2) which has shown to reduce cancerous growth.
4. Chorella and Spirulina: South Korean research indicated that carotenoids from chorella are effective in preventing cancer. Spirulina , is rich in Vitamin B, E and K and has significant immunity boosting properties.
5. Green Tea: It contains epigallocatechin-3-O-gallate (EGCG), a catechin that blocks tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF).
6. Cruciferous Vegetables: Arugula, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale and turnips are rich in Vitamin C, E, K and folate. These can prevent DNA damage and induce cell death in carcinogens.
7. Tomatoes: Is a rich source of carotenoids, particularly lycopene. Raw tomato juice consumed for a month has proven to reduce 30% of TNF production.
8. Mushrooms: Contains compounds such as schizophyllan, active hexose correlated compound (AHCC), maitake D-fraction and Coriolus versicolor that together prevent any mutagen or radiation induced activity.
9. Garlic: Contains allicin, which is a powerful antioxidant. Fresh garlic is the best bet as other processed variants like the oil and powder contain fractured amounts of allicin.
10. Hemp Oil: Promotes melatonin supply and full body healing. It is also a rich source of omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 acids.
Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so excited to be able to have this platform to educate the community as well as communicate with all of you. It is just as important for me to listen, so please feel free to comment on any of the blogs. We are all here to learn from each other and I am continuously inspired by all of you.