If you're over 40 and want to defy each passing year while promoting more youthful hair, nails and skin, the below 7 foods will help you stock up on some of the most powerful anti-aging nutrients around.
1. Olive Oil- Not only do the monounsaturated fats contained in olive oil support healthy arteries and a healthy heart, but olive oil also contains polyphenols, a potent antioxidant that may help prevent a number of age-related diseases. It is recommended to use organic extra virgin olive oil for the most anti-aging bang for your buck.
2. Red Wine- That's right, a glass of wine daily may indeed have a positive effect on your health due to its resveratrol content, a unique anti-oxidant that can help fight against diabetes, heart disease, and age-related memory loss.
3. Beans- The unique proteins in beans thicken and strengthen your hair cells, so you can enjoy a full head of hair as you lengthen your years.
4. Brazil Nuts- Brazil nuts are rich in selenium, a mineral which aids in the production of the anti-oxidant glutathione to help slow down the skin aging process.. Just 2 nuts a day will provide you with enough selenium to reap its anti-aging benefits.
5. Tomatoes- Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which has been shown to support heart health and healthy cholesterol levels as you age. Lycopene also acts as a natural sun block to keep skin youthful and protected from harmful UV rays.
6. Raspberries & Blueberries- These two berries contain important anti-oxidants to help offset inflammation and oxidative stress that contribute to skin aging and wrinkles. Just one serving of either of these berries contains more anti-oxidants that 10 servings of most other fruits and vegetables.
7. Organic Eggs- Despite the bad rap eggs get because of their cholesterol content, which is based on completely erroneous science, eggs are rich in biotin and iron which help to promote healthy, youthful skin and hair.
You may wonder what all this has to do with chiropractic?? Maybe nothing, but on the other hand, why not have a healthy body from the skin to the bones...