If you want to defy each passing year while promoting more youthful hair, nails and skin, here are 7 foods that will help. They are some of the most powerful anti-aging nutrients around. I'm posting this because these are very healthy foods, but they are also helpful in the aging process.
1. OLIVE OIL--Not only do the monounsaturated fats contained in olive oil support healthy arteries and a healthy heart, but olive oil also contains polyphenols, a potent anti-oxidant that may help prevent a number of age related diseases. Use organic extra virgin olive oil for the most anti-aging bang for your buck.
2. RED WINE--That's right, a glass of wine daily may indeed have a positive effect on your health due to its resveratrol content, a unique anti-oxidant that can help fight against diabetes, heart disease, and age related memory loss.
3. BEANS--The unique proteins in beans thicken and strengthen your hair cells, so you can enjoy a full head of hair as you lengthen your years..
4. BRAZIL NUTS--Brazil nuts are rich in selenium, a mineral which aids in the production of the anti-oxidant gluthathione to help slow down the skins aging process. Just 2 nuts a day will provide you with enough selenium to reap its anti-aging benefits.
5. TOMATOES--Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which has been shown to support heart health and healthy cholesterol levels as you age. Lycopene also acts as a natural sun block to keep skin youthful and protected from harmful UV rays.
6. RASPBERRIES & BLUEBERRIES--These two berries contain important anti-oxidants to help offset inflammation and oxidative stress that contribute to skin aging and wrinkles. Just one serving of either of these berries contains more anti-oxidants that 10 servings of most other fruits and vegetables.
7. ORGANIC EGGS--Despite the bad rap eggs get because of their cholesterol content, which is based on completely erroneous science, eggs are rich in biotin and iron which help to promote healthy, youthful skin and hair.
So here are examples of foods that are good for you health including you skin, nails and hair!!! What a deal...
Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so excited to be able to have this platform to educate the community as well as communicate with all of you. It is just as important for me to listen, so please feel free to comment on any of the blogs. We are all here to learn from each other and I am continuously inspired by all of you.