There are so many of them, so many ways to apply them, and so many uses. When you first start out using essential oils it feels like your're going into it blind. However, with a little eduction and a bit of guidance, the amazing benefits of essential oils start to show themselves.
If you've been wondering about the world of essential oils for a while, but don't know which oils to begin with, look no further! Here are the top ten essential oils for beginners. These essential oils are some of the most basic and universal oils, and are easy to use.
Essential oils come from plants and are totally natural and safe to use. They are absorbed within seconds into the skin and travel to the bloodstream to help our cells and organs remain healthy. They can be used to treat a variety of ailments through application topically, internally, or aromatically.
Not all essential oils are created equal!! Many essential oil brands are not safe for internal use because they are not toatally pure. When using essential oils, always find a brand that you can trust to be Totally Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade, such as DoTerra for example. Companies with this rating guarantee their oils are pure, safe to use and highly effective.
10 Oils Recommended for Beginners~~~
* Lavender-- this calming oil is great for your skin and helps heal burns within hours! Just apply 1 drop right on the burn! Also great for many other skin conditions and to calm your mood or promote restful sleep.
* Peppermint--this oil is great to help ease headaches and migraines--just rub a drop on the back of your neck, on your temples and forehead to help relieve the pain. Also great to help soothe your digestive system. Or use it as a great pick me up to stay awake!!
* Lemon--Lemon oil is highly alkaline and is a great oil to drink in your water everyday because it helps to detox your organs! Use 3-5 drops for every 16 ounces. Lemon is also great to help ease a sore throat and combat allergies.
* Melaleuca or Tea Tree Oil--this oil is great for your skin and highly anti-fungal!! Use it as a first aid oil and to treat dry skin, rashes, bug bites and other conditions. 1 drop goes a long way.
* Frankincense--this oil is very universal and can be used for a wide variety of things. Put a couple of drops under the tongue every day to help with thyroid issues, put on your skin daily to combat age spots, wrinkles and acne and rub on the back of your neck to help with emotional disorders like depression or anxiety.
* Oregano--this is the Grandaddy of essential oils!! Use it to help fight off viruses and infections by putting a few drops of it inside and empty veggie capsule and taking it internally every few hours. Oregano helps with bladder infections within hours. This is the real deal!!
* Clary Sage--this is a favorite oil of women since it helps ease symptoms of PMS, menstruation and menopause. It is recommended rubbing this oil right on the abdomen to help period symptoms subside. This is also a great oil for new moms as it helps soothe hormones and stimulate breast milk supply!!
* Lemongrass--this oil is great for joints and ligaments. Rub right on the area of concern every day to help with symptoms. Also a great oil to take internally to help regulate your system.
* Eucalyptus--use this one to help with your respiratory system! This is a great one to use in the diffuser when you are sick or are having a hard time breathing due to congestion or allergies. Also rub on the chest to help open lungs to promote easier breathing.
* Hellichrysum--this healing oil is really good for anything skin related. If you need something to heal, put a drop of this oil on the area a few times a day. It is great at repairing anything that needs fixing.
Please always remember that some oils need to be diluted before using and not all are safe for children. Do your research before using any products you are unsure of.
Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so excited to be able to have this platform to educate the community as well as communicate with all of you. It is just as important for me to listen, so please feel free to comment on any of the blogs. We are all here to learn from each other and I am continuously inspired by all of you.