If you're like most, you could probably use a change of pace in your diet beyond the regular ol' chicken breast. So, to spice up your diet, and your taste buds, here are 10 of our favorite foods high in protein you can begin mixing into your weekly meal plans.
1. Eggs--Eat the whole egg, not just the white. The yolk is actually the most nutrient-dense portion of the egg, providing a ton of vitamins and minerals, protein and healthy fats and it has the benefit of making the egg taste better.
2. Shrimp--Grill them, or saute them in some grass-fed butter or extra virgin olive oil. Mix with veggies and enjoy.
3. Salmon--An awesome fatty fish containing loads of protein and a healthy dose of omega-3 fatty acids.
4. Greek Yogurt--Greek yogurt packs twice the protein of regular yogurt. Go with the plain variety and sweeten with stevia, a little bit of honey, or better yet, some berries if you'd like.
5. Ground Turkey--Super lean and great for chili.
6. Pork--Known as the other white meat, it's as lean as chicken when you get the right cut. Go for the boneless chops and trim the outer fatty edge.
7. Chicken Sausage--You probably won't notice the difference between chicken sausage and regular sausage, but the former is a more concentrated source of protein.
8. Beans--Black beans, kidney beans, red beans, navy beans, black-eyed peas, lentils and the list goes on, are the least expensive protein source in America--and probably every other part of the world as well--and they are crazy high in fiber with very little impact on blood sugar. Add them to your turkey chili, a salad, or whip up some hummus.
9. Bison--All the taste of beef while being incredibly lean and still packing a mean flavor punch.
10. Grass-Fed Beef--Grass fed beef is rich in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a special type of fat that has been shown to result in fat LOSS. Eat this...tastes great, and it's great for your figure.
Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so excited to be able to have this platform to educate the community as well as communicate with all of you. It is just as important for me to listen, so please feel free to comment on any of the blogs. We are all here to learn from each other and I am continuously inspired by all of you.